Restricted Posting– Select Candidates Only
Manager of Western Canadian Feed
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
We have an immediate opening for a Manager of Western Canadian Feed (WCF) to join our growing North American Trading Desk. This position will be based at our Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness centre, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
This Management role is responsible for overseeing and growing our Western Canadian Feed Division, in line with our Company goals and objectives.
- Oversee, strategize, and grow profitability for the Company in WCF positions
- Create and implement strategies to maximize the growth and potential of the WCF Team
- Manage risk by making recommendations on short/long positions, and executing these positions within defined risk parameters
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate market information and pricing guidelines to the WCF Team on a daily basis, for both Freight and Commodity markets
- Provide support and coach the WCF Team through sensitive claims, disputes, or conflicts in a manner that is fair for all parties, while maintaining business relationships
- Monitor and set example of “Best in Class” customer service levels regarding timely delivery and pick-up
- Provide continuous performance feedback to the WCF Team, and assist Senior Management with ongoing performance evaluations
- Proof of a successful and profitable track record on a physical trading desk
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Canadian and U.S. freight spreads, freight rates, and arbitrage opportunities
- Demonstrated experience with Position Management
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and work effectively with others
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in buying and selling specialty agricultural products, and have a thorough knowledge of grain, pulse and oilseed commodities. Previous work exposure to, and existing network in the Southern Alberta region would be considered a definite asset.
This is a career position with significant opportunity to impact the success of our organization and your own personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!