Senior GrainTrader (Saskatoon, SK)
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
Since 1980, Constantini has been rooted in the heart of agribusiness – and an active part of safe food distribution throughout different supply chains. We buy, sell, and move more than 100 of the world’s most essential agricultural commodities and ingredients – both conventional and certified organic.
Working within a Corporate Team environment, the Senior Grain Trader will take ownership, oversee, strategize, and grow the profitability of specific region/commodity space within our current book of business. You will represent the Constantini brand using your exceptional relationship building skills, integrity, and competitive nature to qualify, negotiate and close sales in a collaborative and quick cycle environment.
- Develop and maintain extensive and varied business relationships within an assigned marketplace
- Actively drive business growth by developing relationships with new customers and suppliers, in existing and new product categories
- Negotiate purchase and/or sales contracts with customers, and ensuring all contracts are properly executed
- Manage risk by making recommendations on short/long positions, and executing these positions within defined risk parameters
- Monitor and set example of “Best in Class” customer service levels
- Model an internal culture of professionalism, healthy competition and collaboration
Your ultimate objective will be to build and maintain a strong and profitable trading desk, within a corporate team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a physical commodity trading position – bulk grains, pulses, and/or oilseeds
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal English)
- Professional and resilient attitude with a thirst for learning and personal growth
This is a career position with significant opportunity for advancement. We offer a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
The Fine Print…
We offer in house training, competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000-$90,000 per year
Benefits: Company events, Dental care, Disability insurance, Discounted or free food, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Paid time off, Profit sharing, RRSP match, Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Work Location: In person
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!