Logistics Coordinator (Saskatoon, SK)
We are a full service, integrated agricultural commodity and forest products trading company, managing over 100 of the world’s most essential commodities, ingredients, and materials through a diversified network of supply chains. We are now actively looking for an experienced and dynamic Logistics Coordinator to join our growing Saskatoon Team!
On a daily basis you will be:
- Actively negotiating competitive truckload rates with common carriers.
- Comparing pricing to determine best freight rate on a per order basis.
- Working closely with the Trading Team to ensure good financial decisions are made
- Generating and maintaining relationships with 3rd Party Carriers
- Determining all costs associated with importing to determine final landed costs.
- Working with U.S. Customs or Customs Brokers to determine duty rates and expedite customs clearance.
- Negotiating import freight rates and determining cost efficiencies
- Maintaining shipping compliance with customer routing requirements.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
The skills and experience we are looking for:
- Previous experience as a Logistics Coordinator – specifically truck and rail
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs and cross-border shipping experience an asset
- Post-secondary degree in Business (Supply Chain) or a related field preferred
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
This is a career position with significant growth potential, full benefits and RRSP matching.
The Fine Print…
We offer in house training, competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 per year
Benefits: Company events, Dental care, Disability insurance, Extended health care, Life insurance, On-site parking, Profit sharing, RRSP match, Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement: French not required
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
As an essential service provider, we continue to adhere to all recommended COVID protocols. Our employees are fully vaccinated.
Work Location: In person
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!