Senior Logistics Coordinator
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
This position will be based out of our beautiful brand new HQ office, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a fully equipped fitness centre, rooftop terrance, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and showers.
As a Senior Logistics Coordinator, you will work closely with our North American Trading Team, and be primarily responsible for negotiating and coordinating freight shipments (truck and rail) in a timely and highly efficient manner.
- Actively negotiating competitive truckload rates with common carriers
- Comparing pricing to determine best freight rate on a per order basis
- Maintaining shipping compliance with customer routing requirements
- Negotiating import freight rates and determining cost efficiencies
- Working with U.S. Customs or Customs Broker to determine duty rates and expedite customs clearance
- Determining all costs associated with importing to determine final landed costs
- Generating and maintaining relationships with 3rd Party Carriers
- Working interdependently with the Trading Team to ensure good financial decisions are made
- Source documentation including data entry into proprietary software system
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required
What we’re looking for:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator (written/verbal English)
- Relevant logistics knowledge– truck and rail
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly
- Proficient PC skills
- A thirst for learning and personal growth
This is a career position with significant opportunity for advancement into management and leadership roles. We offer a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you! We have new hire intakes planned immediately and are ready to interview now. Please send your cover letter and resume to us using the button below. Please reference “Senior Logistics Coordinator” in the position field.