Senior Commodity Trader
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Commodity Trader (“SCT”) to join our growing North American Trading Desk. This position will be based at our award-winning Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness center, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
Working alongside the Director of Trading – The SCT will take ownership, oversee, strategize and grow the profitability of specific region/commodity space within our current book of business. You will represent the Constantini brand using your exceptional relationship building skills, integrity, and competitive nature to qualify, negotiate and close sales in a collaborative Team-based and quick cycle environment.
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain extensive and varied business relationships in an assigned marketplace
- Actively drive new business growth by developing new relationships with both end-customers and suppliers
- Negotiate purchase and/or sales contracts with customers/suppliers, and ensure all contracts are properly executed
- Manage risk by making recommendations on short/long positions, and executing these positions within defined risk parameters
- Monitor and set example of “Best in Class” customer service levels
- Model an internal culture of professionalism, healthy competition and collaboration
- 5+ years’ experience in a physical commodity trading position OR Senior Sales experience managing key accounts within a quick sales cycle, and in a Team-based environment. This industry is trainable for the right personality.
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and work effectively with others
- Professional and resilient attitude with desire to achieve greatness
This is a key position with significant opportunity to impact the success of our organization and your own personal growth. We offer in house training, competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!