An essential service provider in the heart of Canada’s economy
Constantini is a 40-year mainstay of Canadian Agribusiness and an active part of safe food distribution throughout different supply chains. We buy, sell, and move more than 100 of the world’s most essential agricultural commodities and ingredients – both conventional and certified organic.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our growing North American Trading team. We are open to speaking with anyone that is entrepreneurial, self-motivated, passionate and knows how to sell! The Sales Trader will be located at our award-winning downtown Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street – a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness center, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
Working alongside the Director of Trading, you will take ownership, oversee, strategize, and grow the profitability of specific region or commodity space within our current book of business. You will represent the Constantini brand using your exceptional relationship building skills, integrity, and competitive nature to qualify, negotiate and close sales in a collaborative Team-based and quick cycle environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain extensive and varied business relationships in an assigned marketplace.
- Actively drive new business growth by developing new relationships with both end-customers and suppliers (farmers).
- Negotiate contracts with customers, and ensure they are properly executed.
- Monitor and set example of best-in-class customer service levels.
- Model an internal culture of professionalism, healthy competition, and collaboration.
Who You Are
- 3+ years’ experience in a physical commodity trading position (agriculture, lumber, dairy etc.) OR Someone with significant Sales experience managing key accounts within a quick sales cycle, and in a Team-based environment. This industry is trainable for the right personality.
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Professional and resilient attitude with desire to achieve greatness.
This is a key position with significant opportunity to impact the success of our organization and your own personal growth. We offer in house training, competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!