We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our operations as a Lumber Trader. Our new Forest Products Division is built on a foundation of over 40 years of expertise in managing commodities through a diverse network of commodity supply chains. We have combined a team with product and market expertise with our in-house technology, financial strength, and vertically integrated infrastructure. Our vision is being a leader in the integrated forest products industry.
Experience trading physical commodities is preferred, but we are open to speaking with anyone that is entrepreneurial, self-motivated, passionate and knows how to sell! This position will be located at our award-winning downtown Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street – a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness center, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
Working alongside our Senior Lumber Trader, you will take ownership, oversee, strategize, and grow the profitability of specific region or Customer base. You will represent the Constantini brand using your exceptional relationship building skills, integrity, and competitive nature to qualify, negotiate and close sales in a collaborative Team-based and quick cycle environment.
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain extensive and varied business relationships in an assigned marketplace.
- Actively drive new business growth by developing new relationships with both end-customers and suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts with customers, and ensure they are properly executed
- Monitor and set example of “Best in Class” customer service levels.
- Model an internal culture of professionalism, healthy competition and collaboration.
- 3+ years’ experience in a physical commodity trading position (agriculture, lumber, dairy etc.) OR Someone with significant Sales experience managing key accounts within a quick sales cycle, and in a Team-based environment. This industry is trainable for the right personality.
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Professional and resilient attitude with strong desire to succeed.
We offer in house training, competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!