Junior Logistics Coordinator
C.B. Constantini Ltd. is a dynamic and diversified family-owned private company, specializing in the trading and logistical movement of over 100 different agricultural products across North America.
We have plans for a January intake of a Junior Logistics Coordinator to join our growing North American Trading Desk. This position will be based at our Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness centre, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
As Logistics Coordinator, you will work closely with our North American Trading Team and be primarily responsible for negotiating and coordinating freight shipments (predominately truck but some rail) in a timely and highly efficient manner.
- Actively negotiate competitive truckload rates with common carriers
- Compare pricing to determine best freight rate on a per order basis
- Maintain shipping compliance with customer routing requirements
- Negotiate import freight rates and determine cost efficiencies
- Work with U.S. Customs or Customs Brokers to determine duty rates and expedite customs clearance
- Evaluate all costs associated with importing to determine final landed costs
- Generate and maintain relationships with 3rd Party Carriers
- Work interdependently with the Trading Team to ensure good financial decisions are made
- Source documentation including data entry into proprietary software system
What We Have…
- A 40-year history, stability, and trusted industry reputation
- A competitive, fast paced, team-based environment
- A culture that celebrates and rewards performance
- A flat organization with easy access to senior mentorship
- Big plans for expansion
What You Have…
- Excellent negotiation skills and natural ability to build relationships
- A competitive nature, resilient attitude and big goals
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A talent for solving problems
- Humility and coachable disposition
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you! We have new hire intakes planned for January 2020 and ready to interview now.