Junior Commodity Trader
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
We have plans for a July intake of Junior Commodity Traders to join our growing North American Trading Desk. These positions will be based at our Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness centre, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
As a Junior Commodity Trader, you will work closely with our Senior Trading Team, and be responsible for building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships in both our Conventional and Organic business segments.
Initially, your focus will be growing market share through prospecting and increased client interaction, while gaining a strong foundation of knowledge in one of the most important areas of our business: product origination.
- Contact existing and prospective customers (i.e. producers/farmers) and earn their business through your passion for customer service
- Expand your market knowledge within the assigned area (qualification) and share pertinent information with the Trading Team
- Negotiate purchase and/or sales contracts with customers, and ensure all contracts are properly executed
- Work with our Logistics Team to arrange the transportation and/or storage of purchased product
- Monitor customer service levels with respect to timely delivery and pick-up, and suggest and implement strategies for continuous improvement in these areas
- Resolve issues and disputes as they arise with transporters, producers and/or ultimate end users
Your ultimate objective will be to build and maintain a strong and profitable trading desk, within a corporate team environment.
What We Have…
- A 40-year history, stability, and trusted industry reputation
- A competitive, fast paced, team-based environment
- A culture that celebrates and rewards performance
- A flat organization with easy access to senior mentorship
- Daily company breakfast and excellent benefits
- Big plans for expansion
What You Have…
- Excellent negotiation skills and natural ability to build relationships
- A competitive nature, resilient attitude and big goals
- An inquisitive mindset and instinctive attention to detail
- A talent for solving problems
- Humility and coachable disposition
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you! We have new hire intakes planned for January 2020 and ready to interview now.