Jr. Sales Trader
An essential service provider in the heart of Canada’s economy
Constantini is a 40-year mainstay of Canadian Agribusiness and an active part of safe food distribution throughout different supply chains. We buy, sell, and move more than 100 of the world’s most essential agricultural commodities and ingredients – both conventional and certified organic.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our growing North American Trading team. We are open to speaking with anyone that is entrepreneurial, self-motivated, passionate and knows how to sell! The Jr. Sales Trader will be located at our award-winning downtown Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street – a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness center, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
As a Jr. Sales Trader, you will work closely with our Senior Trading Team, and be responsible for building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships in both our Conventional and Organic business segments.
Initially, your focus will be growing market share through prospecting and increased client interaction, while gaining a strong foundation of knowledge in one of the most important areas of our business- product origination.
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Contact existing and prospective customers (i.e. producers/farmers) and earn their business through your passion for customer service.
- Expand your market knowledge within the assigned area (qualification) and share pertinent information with the Trading Team.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and ensure all they are properly executed.
- Work with our Logistics Team to arrange the transportation and/or storage of purchased product.
- Monitor customer service levels with respect to timely delivery and pick-up and suggest strategies for continuous improvement in these areas.
- Resolve issues and disputes as they arise with transporters and our customers.
Your ultimate objective will be to build and maintain a strong and profitable trading desk, within a corporate team environment.
- Previous experience in sales or fast paced customer service environment considered an asset.
- Excellent negotiation skills and natural ability to build relationships.
- A competitive nature, resilient attitude and big goals.
- An inquisitive mindset and instinctive attention to detail.
- A talent for solving problems.
- Humility and coachable disposition.
This is a career position with significant opportunity to impact the success of our organization and your own personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan.
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you!