“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
This position will be based out of our beautiful brand new HQ office, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a fully equipped fitness centre, rooftop terrace, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and showers.
As a Commodity Trader, you will be responsible for building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships in both our Conventional and Organic business segments.
Your main focus will be the buying and selling of specialty agricultural products across North America, with the responsibility to grow a portfolio of profitable customers and transactions. You will also be responsible for assisting and mentoring new additions to the Trading Team in their acquisition of skills and knowledge.
- Developing and maintaining extensive and varied business relationships in the marketplace
- Actively driving new business growth by developing new relationships with both buyers and sellers
- Negotiating purchase and/or sales contracts with customers, and ensuring all contracts are properly executed
- Working with the existing Trading Team to collaboratively build and grow trading opportunities
- Monitoring customer service levels with respect to timely delivery and pick-up, and suggesting and implementing strategies for continuous improvement in those areas
- Monitoring freight spreads, local freight values and freight rates to ensure least cost transport and logistics costs for product moving in your designated area
- Working with the Logistics Team to arrange for the transportation and/or storage of purchased product
- Resolving issues and disputes as they arise with transporters, producers and/or ultimate end users
Your ultimate objective will be to build and maintain a strong and profitable trading desk, within a corporate team environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a trading or sales role.
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- A thirst for learning and personal growth
This is a career position with significant opportunity for advancement. We offer a competitive compensation package (salary and bonus), along with full benefits and a profit-sharing plan. If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us via the button below. Please reference “Commodity Trader” in the position field.