We have an opening for a Commodity Trader to join our growing North American Trading Team. This position will be based at our award-winning Vancouver HQ, located at 980 Howe Street, a LEED Gold building featuring a rooftop terrace, fully equipped fitness center, and end-of-trip facilities including bicycle storage and shower facilities.
“Taking on the Future of Agribusiness”
Working alongside our Senior Traders, you will take ownership and grow the profitability of a specific region OR commodity space within our current book of business. You will represent the Constantini brand using your exceptional relationship building skills, integrity, and competitive nature to qualify, negotiate and close purchase contracts/sales in a collaborative Team-based and quick cycle environment.
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain extensive business relationships with Producers (farmers) and Customers in an assigned marketplace within North America
- Expand your market knowledge within the assigned area (qualification) and share pertinent information with the Trading Team
- Negotiate purchase and/or sales contracts with Producers/Customers, and ensure all contracts are properly executed
- Monitor customer service levels with respect to timely delivery and pick-up of product
- Coordinate with our Logistics Team to arrange the transportation and/or storage of purchased product
- Resolve issues and disputes as they arise with transporters, producers and/or ultimate end users
Your ultimate objective will be to build and maintain a strong and profitable trading desk, within a corporate team environment.
What We Have
- A 40-year history, stability, and trusted industry reputation
- A competitive, fast paced, team-based environment
- Comprehensive training program (no industry experience required)
- A culture that celebrates and rewards performance
- A flat organization with easy access to senior mentorship
- Daily company breakfast and excellent benefits
What You Have
- 2+ years’ experience in a physical commodity trading position OR Sales experience managing key accounts within a quick sales cycle, and in a Team-based environment. This industry is trainable for the right personality.
- Exceptional negotiation, time management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active, resilient, and professional attitude
- Humility and coachable disposition
- Previous exposure to Agricultural industry (asset)
If this sounds like your perfect fit – great, we would love to hear from you! We have new hire intakes planned and ready to interview now. Please note this is NOT a remote work position.